MHSAA REQUIREMENTS FOR ATHLETICS PRE-PARTICIPATION PHYSICALS FOR 2021-22
An MHSAA pre-participation sports physical is required for all RCS student-athletes who participate in sports in 2021-22. A valid 2021-22 physical examination must be completed on or after April 15, 2021.
For the 2021-22 school year, an MHSAA pre-participation sports physical is required for all students who participate in sports. A physical examination must be completed on or after April 15, 2021 to be considered a valid physical for the 2021-22 school year. The MHSAA Health Questionnaire (from 2020-2021) will not be in use during the 2021-22 school-year.
RCS student-athletes must submit the completed MHSAA Standard Physical Form (see button, above) to their coach at tryouts, or to their building athletic director or school office.
- My student has a 2019-20 physical on file at their RCS school because they participated in a sport during the 2019-20 school year. Does my student need a new physical exam for 2020-21?
- My student has a 2019-20 physical on file at their school, but we answered “yes” to one of the 14 questions listed on the 2020-21 MHSAA Health Questionnaire. Does my student need a new physical exam for 2020-21?
- Rochester Community Schools didn't hold its annual physical exams in June this year. Where am I supposed to get my student-athlete’s physical done?
- My student is new and/or is transferring in to RCS. Will a valid 2019-20 physical exam from another state, province, or school district be acceptable for participation, along with a completed Health Questionnaire for 2020-21?
- My student was an eighth grader at an RCS middle school and had a physical on file there for 2019-20. What do we need to do for him/her to participate in high school athletics for 2020-21??