Graduating? Leaving the District? Transfer your Google data!
Your @rcs-k12.us district Google Workspace for Education account will be deleted on July 31 of the year you leave the district. This gives you plenty of time before and after you leave to transfer your data to another account.
The Google Transfer Program is the easiest way to transfer all emails and drive documents from your RCS account to a personal Google account. See the directions below.
Special Note to Staff: If you have shared documents with other staff members, you must transfer ownership in order for them to have access after your departure. Only files you own will be exported during the Google transfer. Please DO NOT export any files with student information or data.
PLEASE NOTE: Google may not provide all the storage space needed to transfer all your files. You may have to be selective or clean up your drive before transferring your data.
How to transfer your data:
- Open Chrome and make sure you are logged into your district Google Workspace account using your @rcs-k12.us credentials.
- Go to https://takeout.google.com/transfer
- Enter your personal Gmail address. If you don't have one, use the link to Create a new account.
- Select SEND CODE.
- Open a new browser tab and log in to your personal Google Account. Check your Gmail inbox for a confirmation email from Google. In the email, select Get confirmation code. A new tab will open with a code.
- Go back to the Transfer your content page. Enter the code you just received, then choose VERIFY.
- Select the content you'd like to copy from your school account to your personal account.
- Select START TRANSFER.
Details about the copy process:
The copy process usually happens within a few hours, but it can take up to a week.
Copied files might appear in batches on your personal Google Account during the copy process.
When your files are finished copying, you'll get an email at your personal Gmail address.
See your copied files:
To see the files you've copied, sign in to your personal Gmail or Google Drive.
- Gmail: Copied content will have a label with your school account name and the date you started the copy process.
- Drive: Copied content will be in a folder labeled with your school account name and the date you started the copy process.
Do you use your RCS email to sign in to websites?
Please change your email address on every site to your personal Gmail account before the cutoff date.