We've compiled some common problems students are experiencing with their district Chromebooks. Look through these to see if you can solve your issue. If not, click the button on this page to set up an appointment to get help or swap your Chromebook.
- Can't type some characters, or they are not the correct letters
- Typed letters change to different letters
- My screen is dim or hard to see
- My Chromebook is on, but the screen is black
- Screen is rotated 90 or 180 degrees
- Everything is in a different language
- Chromebook is fully charged but it will not power on
- Misplaced/Lost Charger or it won't charge my Chromebook
- Screen or Touchpad does not respond
- Chromebook just isn't acting right - Update Operating System
- Nothing is working - help!
If you still can't get your Chromebook working right after going through the tips on this page, have your child take their Chromebook to the Media Center for a technician to look at it or make an appointment to swap it out.
Not sure if you need to swap a device? Call the RCS Technology Services Department