Want to verify that an address is in the Rochester School District? Or view the district map with school locations? The district Directions & Mapspage will help you determine what schools an address is assigned to and provides an overview of the district attendance area and school locations.
*Please note: Newer homes may not be listed on the map.
Rochester Schools is not a Schools of Choice District. Families wanting to enroll with Rochester Schools must reside within the Rochester Schools district boundaries.
As Michigan’s premier school district, Rochester Community Schools ensures a high-quality, student-centered, future-forward education for all individuals. Please visit Why Choose RCS? for further information on Rochester Schools.
Rochester Community Schools looks forward to assisting families who would like to register their students with us. RCS is not a school of choice district, families must reside within our boundaries to enroll with us.
Students will be enrolled to the grade level that is age appropriate for them. Once they have been enrolled, the grade level placement may change after the school has evaluated the student and their previous academic records.
Our ELL (English Language Learner) program representatives will reach out to families after their child’s enrollment has been processed to discuss student evaluation and building placement. Based on their ELL needs a student’s school placement may differ from the building that is connected to their address. Please visit our ELL Curriculum page for additional information on the program.
If you would like to enroll your child to our Virtual Campus please be sure to select this option during enrollment.
To register your child please visit our Online Enrollment page for instructions and information on documents needed to register.
We require two proof of residency documents:
Proof 1 – must include one of the following
· fully signed lease including the name of the parent and term of the lease (children listed as occupants)
· property tax statement
· property transfer affidavit
· fully signed closing papers
Proof 2 – must include one of the following
A copy of a current gas or electric bill which include the name and address of the homeowner. If you do not have a copy of a utility bill yet please submit a written confirmation from the gas or electric company stating that services have/will be started in your name at your new address
· If the family is living in a location where they are not responsible for gas or electric bills they can instead provide one of the following that lists their name and address: Insurance statement, bank statement.
If a family resides in a temporary location for a short period then will be moving into their more permanent location (both locations within RCS boundaries) we will need residency documents for the temporary location and then updated documents after moving.
Other required documentation includes:
· Child’s birth certificate *If the birth certificate is in a language other than English you must submit the birth certificate along with a certified translation
· Immunization record (translated if not in English) – It is requested that the family visit the Oakland County Health Department to have their immunizations entered into the state of Michigan Database. They will also be able to assist them with any needed Immunizations or requested Waivers.
· Parent Picture ID – this can include a driver’s license or Passport
· Any custody or guardianship paperwork *The safety and protection of our students is a top priority. If you have custody/guardianship concerns for your student(s), please be sure to provide us with the appropriate legal documents at the time of enrollment.
· Academic Records – these are not required for registration, however, if available are helpful in placement of your child. Secondary students should be prepared to provide their counselor with an unofficial transcript. Elementary students may be asked by their school to provide a copy of their most recent report card.
All documents will be required to process your child’s registration. The documents will be uploaded during the online registration process. If a family would prefer to bring documents in to our Administration Building, they can call us at 248-726-3166 to set up an appointment.
If you have not created a ParentVUE account yet you will need to do that first. You can visit https://rcsvue.rochester.k12.mi.us/PXP2_OEN_Login.aspx and select "Create new account". Once you have created your account you will log in, select the appropriate school year and choose "Add new student" to begin the enrollment/registration process.
Not only will you use your ParentVUE account to register your child, once their registration has been processed this will also be where you see their schedule, bus route, reports cards and more!