The following buildings are closed to new open enrollment applications: Baldwin, Delta Kelly, Hamlin, Hampton and Hugger..
- Open Enrollment is for RCS Residents who would like to request that their elementary school student(s) attend a building that is different than their home building. Your home building is assigned according to district boundary maps, based on your home residence. To check your home school, use this link and click the button that says, "check address."
- Open Enrollment is for Rochester Community Schools residents and Rochester Schools staff only. Rochester Schools does not accept students from outside the Rochester School district.
Please note that open enrollment is closed for secondary education students (grades 6-12) unless a sibling is already enrolled at the requested building for the 2022-23 school year.
The open enrollment process for elementary education students ensures that children will be automatically approved if their siblings are currently enrolled in the program. Other students will be assigned if space is available.
Elementary students on new placements will be moved to their home middle school at the end of their elementary education.
TK students will be placed at their home school for Kindergarten-5th grade. Incoming TK Families only need to apply for Open Enrollment if they would like their student to attend a school outside of their home school for grades K-5.
- Students who attend a non-home school through open enrollment are not eligible for RCS transportation.
Families can apply for one building only.
If you have previously applied for Open Enrollment and your student is already attending that school, you do not need to apply again. Open Enrollment, once accepted, will apply for all years the student is attending elementary school.
February 1 - Open Enrollment opens at 10:00 a.m.
February 22 - Open Enrollment closes at the end of the day
March 1 -Families will be notified of open enrollment placement decisions via email at the email address provided within the application . If your student is approved for Open Enrollment, an Open Enrollment Commitment form will be emailed to you with your notice of acceptance.
March 15 - Open Enrollment Commitment forms must be signed and returned by the end of the day or the option to attend a school under open enrollment will no longer be available.
Please review the following Open Enrollment rules prior to submitting your application:
- Application can be made for one school placement only.
- Approval of this request is contingent upon available space at the requested school.
- Parent/guardians are responsible for providing transportation for student exercising the open enrollment option. Rochester Community Schools will NOT provide transportation.
- Open enrolled students will be required to arrive at school on time and leave the school grounds promptly at the end of the school day. Failure to comply will result in termination of the student’s open enrollment placement.
- If accepted, the student is committed to attend the open enrolled school for the full school year.
- Open Enrolled students will be assigned to the school in their home attendance area when changing levels (elementary to middle; middle to high).
The following link to the Open Enrollment application will become active when Open Enrollment opens on February 1st at 10:00 a.m.