Enrollment for all grades for the 2021-22 school year is now open. Please visit Online Enrollment for a complete list of required documents and instructions.
You will receive an email notification once we have processed your enrollment.
All Transitional Kindergarten (TK) placements must be pre-approved. If you are interested in enrolling in TK please visit the Transitional Kindergarten webpage. Please wait until you have received approval from the Curriculum Department before submitting an online enrollment for TK.
2021-2022 Open Enrollment will open Monday, March 15th, 2021 at 10:00AM. Applications will be accepted until the end of the day on
Monday, April 5th.
Families will be notified of open enrollment placement decisions via email by April 12th.
The following link to the Open Enrollment application will become active when Open Enrollment opens.
The following schools are NOT accepting open enrolled students: Baldwin, Delta Kelly, Hamlin, Hampton and Hugger.
- Application can be made for one school placement only.
- Approval of this request is contingent upon available space at the requested school.
- Parent/guardians are responsible for providing transportation for student exercising the open enrollment option. Rochester Community Schools will NOT provide transportation.
- Open enrolled students will be required to arrive at school on time and leave the school grounds promptly at the end of the school day.
- If accepted, the student is committed to attend the open enrolled school for the full school year.
- Please note, if your child participates in athletics, according to MHSSA rules, a transfer to a different school may impact their eligibility to participate. Please contact your coach or athletic director with questions regarding eligibility.
- Open Enrolled students will be assigned to the school in their home attendance area when changing levels (elementary to middle; middle to high).
- Translations of Enrollment Requirements
- Open Enrollment
- I've moved to a new home within the RCS boundaries, how do I change my address with RCS?
- How do I get a copy of my child's birth certificate?
- How do I know what school my children will attend?
- How do I get an electronic copy of the required enrollment documents to submit with my online enrollment?