Welcome to the Rochester Community Schools Community Relations department, where we take pride in communications excellence. There are several ways to connect with the district.
- The district website is a great resource. Emergency information and school closings will be posted on the homepage using a page pop. Individuals can access the homepage from any of the school sites simply by clicking on the RCS logo.
- SchoolMessenger is the district’s primary communication system. RCS families will begin to receive messages once their student is enrolled. Community members, alumni and retirees are also invited to stay connected with the district and sign up for RCS news alerts.
- RCS is always looking for ways to improve programs and services and community feedback is an important part of that process. To ask questions, share a concern, or make a comment, parents and caregivers are encouraged to contact their student’s school directly. All community members can use the Talk to RCS feature on the district website.
- Although the Board of Education is aware of the information shared using the Talk to RCS feature, community members can also send an email directly to the board.
- Social media is a great way to stay connected and learn about the great things taking place in schools across the district. Official RCS sites include: RCS Facebook, Twitter #RCSpride, and Instagram. RCS social media guidelines support a safe and respectful environment.
- Community members can contact the Community Relations department by calling (248) 726-3185.
The Rochester Community School District received the 2020 Michigan Schools Public Relations Association Gold Medallion Award for responsible school communications. The honor recognized RCS for developing a comprehensive program to promote the ways our school environment allows all members of the RCS community to feel safe, valued and respected. Our communications seek to assure families that we value and care about our students' well-being and that we are advancing a culture of care, inclusion and understanding.