Writing and Grammar
Anatomy and Medicine
Geography, Countries, and Cultures
- Portals to the World
- America the Beautiful States and territories information.
- The Electronic Map Library Maps documenting all kinds of geograhical facts; also includes aerial maps.
- ePodunk Profiles of U.S. cities and counties.
- Library of Congress Country Studies Historical, social, political, economic, and national security systems of countries throughout the world.
- Localti.me Enter a city, state, or country and get lots of the basic info: time, location, photos, recent news, etc.
- MapZone.net Maps of the world.
- Pop Culture eCollection Infotrac article collection (PowerSearch password required).
- Virtual Tourist Info and travel facts for destinations around the world.
from the Rochester Hills Public Library:
- Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa
- Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations
- World Folklore and Folklife Hundreds of folktales, myths, and legends from all different cultures.
- Pop Culture Universe Covers from the 1920's to present including arts, fashion, film, food, literature, music, politics, sports, tv, and technology.
Historical Primary Source Documents:
Current Issues and Events
- RecipeSource Browse by type of meal or ethnic dish.
- YumYum.com Search over 20,000 recipes.
- iChef Recipes by category and an ask iChef Question service.
- Sue's Recipe Server Recipes by food catagory or by country.
- Global Gourmet: Global Destinations Ethnic recipes by country.
- The Recipe Link
- Open Directory: Recipe Collections Large page of links to recipe web sites.
- Culinary Arts Collection Infotrac article collection that includes articles from over 150 cooking and nutrition magazines and contains searchable recipes, restaurant reviews, and industry information.
- Online Conversion.com
- Epicurious Cooking, recipes, how-to's, etiquette, and more.
- Aunt Edna's Kitchen Large collection of recipes, nutrition links, information about weights and measures, and actual sounds from Edna's kitchen.
- Food Network: Baking Videos Online video demonstrations.
- The Cook's Thesaurus Encyclopedia of ingredients and kitchen tools.
- Good Cooking's Culinary Dictionary
- Cooking.com: Article Collection
- Cooking Light: Cooking 101 Articles and videos.
- Science of Cooking Lots of info, including archived webcasts to view online.
- Cook's Illustrated: Tips and Techniques