Research Tools: Books Online
Using books in your research can provide more depth of information on your subject, while finding them online makes it convenient!
- Alex Catalogue of Electronic Texts
- Bartleby's Reference section and Non-fiction section
- Bibliomania In addition to fiction, this site contains classic reference books, biographies, and non-fiction.
- Chest of Books Provides a list by subject.
- ebooks @ Adelaide.edu Search by author, title, subject, or within the complete texts.
- Google Books
- Hypertexts: Electronic Texts for the Study of American Culture
- HippoCampus Orgainzed by subject area and includes non-fiction books and textbooks in math, science, and social studies.
- Internet Archive eBook and Texts Archive
- Internet History sourcebooks project Has texts on ancient, medieval, and modern history.
- Making of America Books Contains over 10,000 materials on American History. Use the search box or click on "subject browsing."
- Open Library Over one million free ebooks to choose from.
- UPenn's Online Books Page
- World Public Library
Search Engines for Finding Online Books:
Return to the Digital Backpack menu.