RHS Student Activities & Clubs
The goals for offering Student Activities are to build a positive school culture and to make all of our RHS students feel a sense of belonging as a part of the RHS community! For these reasons, we strive to offer events and activities that appeal to a broad range of student interests and that increase school spirit and student participation.
Join a Club! RHS Clubs for 2014-2015
Getting involved with a club is a great way to meet new people with similar interests and have a great time after school! All RHS students are welcomed and encouraged to join in. The participation fee is $30 per club. Take a look at the list of clubs offered this year, then scroll down for details on how to join. All clubs meet right after school at 2:35 unless stated differently below.
- Anime Club: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets Thursdays in room B105
- Art Club: sponsored by Mrs. Huvaere & Mrs. Rose, meets in room D126 on Mondays
- Bowling Club: sponsored by Mr. Zwolinski, meets Tuesdays from 2:50-4:00 at Classic Lanes. 1st meeting will be Sept. 23 in room D108
- BPA: Business Professionals of America: sponsored by Mrs. Gambaro & Mrs. Malsbury, meets Wednesdays in room D118
- Conspiracy Club: sponsored by Mr. Briski, meets Tuesdays in room C104
- Dance Team: sponsored by Ms. Palazzola, practices are from 4-6:00 on Tuesdays in the cafeteria and on Thurs & Fri. in the aux gym.
- Euchre & Chess Club: sponsored by Mr. Campbell, meets Tuesdays in room B130
- FEDS: Falcon Engineering and Design Solutions FIRST Robotics team: sponsored by Mrs. Nasiadka, meets Tuesdays starting Oct. 1 from 6:00-9:00 in room B140. During the competition season in Jan.-Apr., the team meets Mon-Fri from 6-9:00 and on Sat 9-4:00.
- French Club & French Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets every other Wednesday in room B105
- German Club: sponsored by Mrs. Hanson, meets every other Wednesday in room B109
- Helping Those in Need: sponsored by Mr. Arcangeli, meets on Tuesdays in room B105
- HOSA: Health Occupations Students of America: sponsored by Mrs. Rosell & Mrs. Satterthwaite, meets on Mondays in room F110
- Quiz Bowl: sponsored by Mrs. Kuslits, meets on Thursdays in room B122
- RATS: Rochester Alliance of Theatrical Students: sponsored by Mr. Gollon, meets Wednesdays at 2:45 in the Auditorium
- Science Olympiad: sponsored by Ms. Phillips, meets in room F207
- Ski & Snowboard Club: sponsored by Mrs. Malsbury; 1st meeting is Nov. 21st for students & parents, at 7:00 p.m. in the library. During ski season, Pine Knob visits are on Wednesdays from 3-8:00 p.m.
- Spanish Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Porembiak, meets in room B111 on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 2:40 and 2nd Thursday at 7:10 a.m. in B111. Open planning meetings are the first Monday of each month also at 2:40 in B111
- Student Alliance of Signing Students: sponsored by Mrs. Lowry, meets on Thursdays in room B101
- Super Smash Brothers Club: sponsored by Mr. Briski, meets on Mondays in room C104
FREE Clubs! Clubs with no $30 club fee!
- Blender Club: (software/art): sponsored by Ms. Harris, meets on Thursdays in the Library
- Fashion Club: sponsored by Ms. Harris, meets on Wednesdays in the Library
- Muslim Student Association: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets in room B105
- Video Game Development Club: sponsored by Ms. Harris, meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Library
Service clubs: Club members of service clubs are also free!
- Green Club: sponsored by Mr. Guyor, meets on Wednesdays in room A109
- Rotary Interact: sponsored by Mrs. Messing-Mirabito and meets twice a month in the Library. Download a list of dates from their web page.
- Students Helping Others: sponsored by Mrs. O'Toole-Seyka, meets once a month in the Library from 2:35-3:10. Download a list of dates from their web page.
How to Join...
Register and Pay Online: Membership cost $30 per club - register and pay online at www.tinyurl.com/rhsclubs.
- Fee Exceptions: Clubs exempt from the $30 club fee are service clubs and the two others as listed above.
- Additional Fees: Some clubs may require additional participation fees and/or supply expenses to be paid as activities arise during the school year.
- Fee Reduction: A waived fee or a 75% reduction in the club fee is available to students who receive the same price reduction in free or reduced lunch. When paying for clubs online, students who receive free or reduced lunch may get an online discount code from the counseling office to adjust the club fee.
- In-Person Payments: For students who are not able to access the online registration site, payment is accepted by cash or check (payable to Rochester Community Schools) to the specific club sponsor, at one of the club's meetings, or to Ms. Harris in the Library. When paying in person, please also download and complete a Club Fee Contract to turn in with your payment. For students who receive free or reduced lunch, please have a parent complete the form "Consent to Sharing Information with Other Programs" and check the box for "Internal Sharing" in order to have the free/reduced lunch status apply to your club fee reduction.
For any questions on clubs, please contact Ms. Harris, Activities Director or find me in the Library.
RHS has a Class Advisory Program where each class is sponsored by an RHS teacher and lead by a Student Advisory Congress. In that program, students plan events and activities to raise class spirit and participation, host service activities for providing community outreach opportunities, and hold fundraisers to help provide for the activities they do.
Click on the Class Page links below for information on upcoming plans and activities for that class:
- Class of 2015 sponsored by Mrs. Miesch, Senior Class Advisor
- Class of 2016 sponsored by Mr. Zwolinski, Junior Class Advisor
- Class of 2017 sponsored by Mrs. Bastian, Sophomore Class Advisor
- Class of 2018 sponsored by Ms. Shooks, Freshmen Class Advisor
Club Pages & Class Pages
More Club Pages
Resources for RHS Activities
- EMS: Event Management System Facilities Reservations check for room reservations here. (Click "Browse > Browse Events," then click "Filter.")
Field trip forms:
- Field trip exempted absence for trip during the school day
- Permission slip for transportation
- Field trip transportation - personal vehicle information