How to Join a Club
Register and Pay Online: Membership is $30 per club. Register and pay online at tinyurl.com/rhsclubs.
- Fee Exceptions: Groups exempt from the $30 club fee are our three service clubs: Green Club, Key Club, and Rotary Interact. These clubs may have other fees which will be listed on the online registration page, tinyurl.com/rhsclubs.
- Additional Fees: Some clubs may have other event-based costs and/or supply expenses that come up during the school year.
- Fee Reduction: A waived fee or a 75% reduction in the club fee is available to students who receive the same price reduction in free or reduced lunch. When paying for clubs online, students who receive free or reduced lunch may get an online discount code from the counseling office to adjust the club fee.
For any questions on clubs, please contact Ms. Harris, Activities Director or find me in the Library.
List of Clubs Offered for 2016-17
Getting involved with a club is a great way to meet new people with similar interests and have a great time after school! All RHS students are welcomed and encouraged to join at any time. Take a look at the list of clubs offered or download a complete list with descriptions here .
- The registration fee is $30 per club and payable online or in person to the club sponsor. Details on how to join are below.
- All clubs meet right after school at 2:35 until 3:30 unless stated differently.
- Anime Club: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets Thursdays in room B105.
- Art Club / National Art Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Huvaere & Mrs. Rose, meets in room D126 on Mondays.
- BPA: Business Professionals of America: sponsored by Mrs. Gambaro & Mrs. Malsbury, meets every other Tuesday in room B103 at 2:40.
- Euchre, Chess, & Ping Pong Club: sponsored by Mr. Campbell, meets Wednesdays in room B130.
- FEDS: Falcon Engineering and Design Solutions FIRST Robotics team: Sponsored by Mrs. Nasiadka, FEDS meet in October on Thursday evenings from 6-9 pm. Applications must be completed and are available online at FEDS201.com, due by Sept. 30th. After Jan 1st, meetings are 5-7 days a week to prepare for competition.
- French Club & French Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets every other Wednesday in room B105.
- German Club: sponsored by Mr. Crites, meets Wednesdays in room B126 at 2:45.
- HOSA: Health Occupations Students of America: sponsored by Ms. Shooks, meets every other Monday in the Media Center.
- Improv Club: sponsored by Mr. Miesch, meets weekly in room A121 from 2:45-3:30.
- Model United Nations sponsored by Mrs. Healy and meets on Fridays in room D105.
- Quiz Bowl Team: sponsored by Ms. Kuslits and meets Mondays in room F110.
- RATS: Rochester Alliance of Theatrical Students: sponsored by Mr. Gollon, meets Thursdays at 2:45 in the Auditorium.
- Rochester United Figure Skating Team A team comprised of students from all three high schools in Rochester. To register for this club only, use this separate link. Additional fees are required for skate fees, uniforms, etc. The team is holding an informational meeting Wed., Oct 5th at 6:30 p.m. at the Onyx Ice Arena. Download this informational handout for details and meeting schedule.
- Science Olympiad: sponsored by Ms. Phillips and Mrs. Rosell, meets on Wednesdays in room F207.
- Ski & Snowboard Club: sponsored by Mrs. Malsbury; 1st meeting is Dec. 1st for students & parents at 7:00 pm in the library. Ski season visits will be on Thursdays from 3:00-8:30 p.m. $125 fee includes transportation, discount pass, free lessons, and $30 club fee. $19 per week for lift tickets.
- Social Studies Honor Society: sponsored by Mr. Zwolinski, meets Tuesdays in room D108.
- Spanish Honor Society: sponsored by Ms. East and Ms. Scislowicz, Spanish Honor Society members meet the last Tuesday of each month at 2:40 p.m. and 1st Thursday at 7:10 a.m. in B111.
- Spectrum Club: sponsored by Ms. Monroe and meets in room C109.
Service Clubs: Service clubs are service-oriented and becoming a member is free! Registration still required, so please sign up at tinyurl.com/rhsclubs!
- Green Club: sponsored by Mr. Shurter, meets on Wednesdays in room B127.
- Key Club: sponsored by Mrs. O'Toole-Seyka, meets the first Tuesday of every month in C111 from 2:30-3:00. See the meeting times list on their web page for full details, including information on the Wednesday meeting in November and two meetings in March.
- Rotary Interact: sponsored by Mrs. Messing-Mirabito and meets on the first and third Wednesdays of the month in the Library. Download a list of dates from their web page.