List of Clubs Offered for 2015-16
Getting involved with a club is a great way to meet new people with similar interests and have a great time after school! All RHS students are welcomed and encouraged to join at any time. Take a look at the list of clubs offered or download a complete list with descriptions here .
- The registration fee is $30 per club and payable online or in person to the club sponsor. Details on how to join are below.
- All clubs meet right after school at 2:35 until 3:30 unless stated differently.
- American Sign Language Club: sponsored by Ms. Lowry, meets on Thursdays in room B101.
- Anime Club: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets Thursdays in room B105.
- Art Club / National Art Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Huvaere & Mrs. Rose, meets in room D126 on Mondays.
- BPA: Business Professionals of America: sponsored by Mrs. Gambaro & Mrs. Malsbury, meets Wednesdays in room D118 at 2:40.
- Dance Team: sponsored by Ms. Palazzola, practices are from 4-6:00 on Tuesdays in the cafeteria and on Thurs & Fri. in the aux gym.
- Debate Club: sponsored by Mrs. Matthews and meets bi-weekly on Thursdays in room C105.
- Euchre & Chess Club: sponsored by Mr. Campbell, meets Thursdays in room B130.
- FEDS: Falcon Engineering and Design Solutions FIRST Robotics team: Sponsored by Mrs. Nasiadka, FEDS meet in the fall starting in October on Thursday evenings. Applications must be completed and are available online at FEDS201.com. After Jan 1st, meetings are 5-7 days a week to prepare for competition.
- French Club & French Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets every other Wednesday in room B105.
- German Club: sponsored by Mr. Crites, meets every other Thursday in room B126 at 2:45.
- Improv Club: sponsored by Mr. Miesch, meets weekly in room A121 from 2:45-3:30.
- HOSA: Health Occupations Students of America: sponsored by Ms. Shooks, meets weekly in room C111
- Model United Nations sponsored by Mr. Zwolinski and meets on Mondays in room D108.
- National Social Studies Honor Society: sponsored by Mr. Zwolinski, meets Wednesdays in room D108.
- RATS: Rochester Alliance of Theatrical Students: sponsored by Mr. Gollon, meets Thursdays at 2:45 in the Auditorium
- Science Olympiad: sponsored by Ms. Phillips and Mrs. Rosell, meets on Thursdays in room F207.
- Ski & Snowboard Club: sponsored by Mrs. Malsbury; 1st meeting is Nov. 19th for students & parents in the library. Ski season starts Dec. 10th at Pine Knob - visits will be on Thursdays from 3:00-8:30 p.m. $125 fee includes transportation, discount pass, free lessons, and $30 club fee. $19 per week for lift tickets.
- Spanish Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Porembiak, Spanish Honor Society members meet the 1st Wednesday of each month at 2:40 p.m. and 1st Thursday at 7:10 a.m. in B111. Open planning meetings are the first Monday of each month also at 2:40 in B111.
Service Clubs: Service clubs are strictly service-oriented and becoming a member is free!
- Green Club: sponsored by Mr. Shurter, meets on Wednesdays in room B127.
- Rotary Interact: sponsored by Mrs. Messing-Mirabito and meets twice a month in the Library. Download a list of dates from their web page.
- Students Helping Others: sponsored by Mrs. O'Toole-Seyka, meets the first Tuesday of every month in C111 from 2:30-3:00. Please visit the SHO meeting times list on our web page for full details, including information on the Wednesday meeting in November and two meetings in March.
How to Join...
Register and Pay Online: Membership cost $30 per club - register and pay online at www.tinyurl.com/rhsclubs.
- Fee Exceptions: Groups exempt from the $30 club fee are service clubs listed above.
- Additional Fees: Some clubs may require additional participation fees and/or supply expenses to be paid as activities arise during the school year.
- Fee Reduction: A waived fee or a 75% reduction in the club fee is available to students who receive the same price reduction in free or reduced lunch. When paying for clubs online, students who receive free or reduced lunch may get an online discount code from the counseling office to adjust the club fee.
- In-Person Payments: For students who are not able to access the online registration site, payment is accepted by cash or check (payable to Rochester Community Schools) to the specific club sponsor, at one of the club's meetings, or to Ms. Harris in the Library. When paying in person, please also download and complete a Club Fee Contract to turn in with your payment. For students who receive free or reduced lunch, please have a parent complete the form "Consent to Sharing Information with Other Programs" and check the box for "Internal Sharing" in order to have the free/reduced lunch status applied to your club fee reduction.
For any questions on clubs, please contact Ms. Harris, Activities Director or find me in the Library.