RHS Student Activities & Clubs
The goals for offering Student Activities are to build a positive school culture and to make all of our RHS students feel a sense of belonging as a part of the RHS community! For these reasons, we strive to offer events and activities that appeal to a broad range of student interests and that increase school spirit and student participation.
RHS has a Class Advisory Program where each class is sponsored by an RHS teacher and lead by a Student Advisory Congress. In that program, students plan events and activities to raise class spirit and participation, host service activities for providing community outreach opportunities, and hold fundraisers to help provide for the activities they do.
Click on the Class Page links below for information on upcoming plans and activities for that class:
- Class of 2014 sponsored by Mrs. Miesch, Senior Class Advisor
- Class of 2015 sponsored by Mr. Zwolinski, Junior Class Advisor
- Class of 2016 sponsored by Ms. Wise, Sophomore Class Advisor
- Class of 2017 sponsored by Mrs. Shooks, Freshmen Class Advisor
Getting involved with a club is a great way to meet new people with similar interests and create fun high school memories! All RHS students are welcomed and encouraged to join in. Take a look at the list of clubs offered this year, then scroll down for details on how to join. All clubs meet right after school at 2:30 unless stated differently below.
- Anime Club: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets Thursdays in room B105
- Art Club: sponsored by Mrs. Huvaere & Mrs. Rose, meets Mondays in room D126
- BPA: Business Professionals of America: sponsored by Mrs. Gambaro & Mrs. Malsbury, meets every other Tuesday in room D118
- Dance Team: sponsored by Ms. Palazzola, practices Tues, Thurs, & Fri from 4:30-6:30 in the cafeteria
- Debate Club: sponsored by Mr. Zwolinski & Mrs. Matthews, meets Tuesdays at 2:45 in room D108
- Euchre & Chess Club: sponsored by Mr. Campbell, meets on Thursdays in room B130
- FEDS: Falcon Engineering and Design Solutions FIRST Robotics team: sponsored by Mrs. Cockerill & Mrs. Nasiadka, meets Tuesdays starting Oct.1st from 6:00-9:00 in room B140
- French Club & French Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets Wednesdays in room B105
- German Club: sponsored by Mrs. Hanson, meets every other Wednesday in room B109
- Green Club: sponsored by Mr. Shurter, meets Wednesdays in room B127
- HOSA: Health Occupations Students of America: sponsored by Mr. Kowal, meets Mondays at 2:45 in room F106
- Quiz Bowl: sponsored by Mrs. Kuslits, meets weekly on alternate Wednesdays & Thursdays in room B122
- RATS: Rochester Alliance of Theatrical Students: sponsored by Mr. Gollon, meets Wednesdays at 2:45 in the Auditorium
- Science Across the World: sponsored by Mrs. Rosell, meets on Wednesdays in room F209
- Ski & Snowboard Club: sponsored by Mrs. Malsbury; 1st meeting is Nov. 21st for students & their parents, 7:00 p.m. in the library.
- Spanish Culture Club: sponsored by Mrs. Porembiak, meets every other Wed. (opposite Spanish Honor Society) in room B111
- Spanish Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Porembiak, meets every other Wed. (opposite Culture Club) in room B111
- Student Alliance of Signing Students: sponsored by Mrs. Lowry, meets on Thursdays in room B101
The fee for participation in any of the after-school clubs listed above is $30 per club.
Service Clubs (Club members of Service Clubs are not charged a $30 club fee):
- Rotary Interact: sponsored by Mrs. Messing-Mirabito
- National Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Messing-Mirabito and Mrs. Pierce
- Students Helping Others: sponsored by Mrs. O'Toole-Seyka, meets once a month in the Library from 2:35-3:10
Additional Clubs Offered (Club members in this section are not charged a $30 club fee):
- Congressional Award Club: sponsored by Mrs. Harris, meets at 2:40 on the 3rd Tuesday of (almost) each month in the Library
- Fashion Club: sponsored by Mrs. Caralis, meets in room D101
- Muslim Student Association: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets every Friday in room B105
- Spectrum Club: sponsored by Ms. Phillips, meets at 2:35 in room F205
How To Join A Club:
- Fill out a Club Fee Contract (downloadable here).
- Bring in the club fee of $30 per club in the form of cash, check (payable to Rochester Community Schools), or attached online payment receipt.
- Credit card payments may be made online using the RCS Online Payment Site at rochester.augusoft.net. (Click on "School Fees" > "RHS Clubs.") When paying online, please print a copy of your receipt and staple it to your Club Fee Contract.
- Service clubs are exempt from the $30 club fee: Rotary Interact and Students Helping Others.
- Some clubs may require additional participation fees and/or supply expenses to be paid as activities arise during the school year.
- A waived fee or a 75% reduction in the club fee is available to students who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- When paying a waived or reduced fee, students must include an additional form, "Consent to Sharing Information with Other Programs." On this form, please check the box for "Internal sharing".
- Bring in a completed Club Fee Contract and the $30 payment for each club you choose to join. Turn it in at a club meeting to the club sponsor.
For any questions on clubs, please contact Mrs. Harris, Activities Director or find me in the Library.
Club Pages & Class Pages
More Club Pages
Resources for RHS Activities
- EMS: Event Management System Facilities Reservations check for room reservations here. (Click "Browse > Browse Events," then click "Filter.")
Field trip forms:
- Field trip exempted absence for trip during the school day
- Permission slip for transportation
- Field trip transportation - personal vehicle information