RHS Student Activities & Clubs
The goals for offering Student Activities are to build a positive school culture and to make all of our RHS students feel a sense of belonging as a part of the RHS community! For these reasons, we strive to offer events and activities that appeal to a broad range of student interests and that increase school spirit and student participation.
Check Out All Our Clubs Offered at RHS Club Fair!
Mark it in your calendar to check it out on Friday, Sept. 12th during your lunch period in the Mall!
Get to speak with student representatives from all of our clubs at the annual Club Fair! Held during all lunch periods, each club at Club Fair has a table set up in the Mall for students to learn about, ask questions, and sign up for their favorite clubs!
Join a Club! RHS Clubs for 2014-2015
Getting involved with a club is a great way to meet new people with similar interests and have a great time after school! All RHS students are welcomed and encouraged to join in. Take a look at the list of clubs offered this year, then scroll down for details on how to join. All clubs meet right after school at 2:35 unless stated differently below.
- Anime Club: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets in room B105
- Art Club: sponsored by Mrs. Huvaere & Mrs. Rose, meets in room D126
- Bowling Club: sponsored by Mr. Zwolinksi
- BPA: Business Professionals of America: sponsored by Mrs. Gambaro & Mrs. Malsbury, meets in room D118
- Conspiracy Club: sponsored by Mr. Briski
- Culinary Club: sponsored by Mrs. Fucich
- Dance Team: sponsored by Ms. Palazzola, practices Tues, Thurs, & Fri from 4:30-6:30 in the cafeteria
- Euchre & Chess Club: sponsored by Mr. Campbell, meets in room B130
- FEDS: Falcon Engineering and Design Solutions FIRST Robotics team: sponsored by Mrs. Nasiadka, meets Tuesdays starting in Oct. from 6:00-9:00 in room B140
- French Club & French Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Arcangeli, meets in room B105
- German Club: sponsored by Mrs. Hanson, meets in room B109
- Green Club
- HOSA: Health Occupations Students of America: sponsored by Mrs. Rosell and meets in room F209
- Quiz Bowl: sponsored by Mrs. Kuslits, meets in room B122
- RATS: Rochester Alliance of Theatrical Students: sponsored by Mr. Gollon, meets at 2:45 in the Auditorium
- Science Olympiad: sponsored by Ms. Phillips, meets in room F207
- Ski & Snowboard Club: sponsored by Mrs. Malsbury; 1st meeting in Nov. for students & their parents, 7:00 p.m. in the library.
- Spanish Honor Society: sponsored by Mrs. Porembiak, meets in room B111
- Student Alliance of Signing Students: sponsored by Mrs. Lowry, meets in room B101
The fee for participation in any of the after-school clubs listed above is $30 per club.
Service Clubs (Club members of Service Clubs are not charged a $30 club fee. Register for either of these in the Counseling Office or at Club Fair):
- Rotary Interact: sponsored by Mrs. Messing-Mirabito
- Students Helping Others: sponsored by Mrs. O'Toole-Seyka, meets once a month in the Library from 2:35-3:10.
How to Join...
Register and Pay Online: Membership cost $30 per club - register and pay online at tinyurl.com/rhsclubs.
- Fee Exceptions: Our two service clubs, Rotary Interact and Students Helping Others, are exempt from the $30 club fee.
- Additional Fees: Some clubs may require additional participation fees and/or supply expenses to be paid as activities arise during the school year.
- Fee Reduction: A waived fee or a 75% reduction in the club fee is available to students who receive the same price reduction in free or reduced lunch. When paying a waived or reduced fee, parents must complete the form, "Consent to Sharing Information with Other Programs." Please be sure to check the box for "Internal Sharing" in order to have the free/reduced lunch status apply to the club fee reduction.
- In-Person Payments: For students who are not able to access the online registration site, payment is accepted by cash or check (payable to Rochester Community Schools) to the specific club sponsor, at one of the club's meetings, or to Ms. Harris in the Library. When paying in person, please also download and complete a Club Fee Contract to turn in with your payment.
For any questions on clubs, please contact Ms. Harris, Activities Director or find me in the Library.
RHS has a Class Advisory Program where each class is sponsored by an RHS teacher and lead by a Student Advisory Congress. In that program, students plan events and activities to raise class spirit and participation, host service activities for providing community outreach opportunities, and hold fundraisers to help provide for the activities they do.
Click on the Class Page links below for information on upcoming plans and activities for that class:
- Class of 2015 sponsored by Mrs. Miesch, Senior Class Advisor
- Class of 2016 sponsored by Mr. Zwolinski, Junior Class Advisor
- Class of 2017 sponsored by Mrs. Bastian, Sophomore Class Advisor
- Class of 2018 sponsored by Ms. Shooks, Freshmen Class Advisor
Club Pages & Class Pages
More Club Pages
Resources for RHS Activities
- EMS: Event Management System Facilities Reservations check for room reservations here. (Click "Browse > Browse Events," then click "Filter.")
Field trip forms:
- Field trip exempted absence for trip during the school day
- Permission slip for transportation
- Field trip transportation - personal vehicle information