Counseling Office Staff:
Quick Counseling Links:
You can now sign up online!
Free Counseling and Study Help
Oakland University's SEHS Counseling Center offers free personal and career counseling and study skills groups. Download the flyers below for details and contact information.
Tools for Planning Your Coursework at RHS:
Students are encouraged to use this Four Year Course Selection Planning Form to assist their selection of courses throughout their high school years.
Click here for course descriptions by subject area or access individual teacher pages for courses that each teacher instructs.
- Be informed of the Academic Recognition structure that will start with the graduating class of 2014 and replace the current structure of Valedictorian, Salutatorian, and Top 10.
- Please note that graduation requirements for the class of 2016 and beyond include a requirement of 2 credits in modern world language.
Helpful Online Resources:
- Study Help and ACT Test Prep sites
- The ACT: Understand Your Scores
- Information on Rochester Community Schools' Career Focused Education Program
- Information on Oakland Schools Technical Campuses and descriptions
- Tips for Academic Success Provides helpful tips and web sites.
See our College Planning Resources page for many free resources to help you make decisions about college. Resources include information on selecting a college, financial aid, detailed information on Michigan colleges, and a campus visit checklist.
Go to the Scholarships page to see a list of recent scholarship offerings that have come to the Counseling office.
College Visits : Many colleges visit RHS in the fall. Go to http://bit.ly/RHSCollegeVisits to sign up to attend a presentation from a college representative. Students are encouraged to sign up, especially in their junior year of high school.
Career Cruising RHS counselors use this site with all students at RHS for assisting them with exploring careers best suited for their interests and aptitudes. Parents and students are also encouraged to use it at home. A username and password are required; ask your child for them or email your child's counselor.
For more information about career and post-high school planning, please visit our Career webpage
- America's Career Resource Network
- ACT World of Work Map
- Career OneStop Information on careers, education, salaries, job searches, etc.
- The Princeton Review Career Profile Search or browse from a list of many different careers.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Detailed information on careers and industry forecasts.
- MyFuture.com Career information.
RHS Counseling Office Information and Forms:
- High School Course Description book
- Senior Questionnaire for letters of recommendation
- Release of Information form for allowing student information to be given out for requests
- 8th grade parent night informational slides from March 2014
- Junior Parent Night informational slides
- Junior "to do" list - Junior Checklist
- Counseling Calendar of events by month
- Oakland Tech Center: Summer Registration Forms
- Information on Dealing with grief, suicide awareness, and safety planning
- Senior Meeting Packet about how to apply to college and request transcripts
Student Volunteer Opportunities:
- Volunteer Center of Michigan
- Michigan Humane Society
- United Way for Southeastern Michigan Includes "Find a Volunteer Opportunity" search tool.