Rochester High School
180 S. Livernois
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Mr. Charles Rowland III, Principal
Dates and Events for March:
- Mar. 4th: Michigan Merit/ACT Test for 11th grade students, 7:35 a.m.-12:00 noon. No School for grades 9, 10, & 12.
- Mar. 5th: Michigan Merit/ACT Test for 11th grade students. Late start 11:15 a.m. for grades 9, 10, & 12
- Mar. 6th: Michigan Merit/ACT Test for 11th grade students. Late start 11:15 a.m. for grades 9, 10, & 12
- Mar. 7th: Dodgeball Tournament, 5:00-8:00 in the Main Gym
- Mar. 10-14th: Charity Week. All fundraising event proceeds go towards Angels of Hope.
- Mar. 10th: Athletic Booster meeting, 6:00 p.m. in the Library
- Mar. 11th: Parent/Teacher Conferences, 5:30-8:00 p.m. in the Mall and Library
- Mar. 12th: 8th Grade Parent Night, 6:30 p.m.
- Mar. 20th: PTSA Meeting, 6:00 p.m. in the Library
- Mar.26th: Band concert, 7:00 p.m. in the Mall
Dates and Events for April:
- Apr. 4th - 11th: No School - Spring Break
- Apr. 18th: No School - Good Friday
- Apr. 24th: Spring Play, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., Auditorium
- Apr. 25th: Spring Play, 8:00 - 10:00 p.m., Auditorium
- Apr. 26th: Spring Play, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. & 8:00 - 10:00 p.m., Auditorium
Reflections Contest Winners!
Congratulations to the following RHS Falcons who were district winners in the 2013 PTSA Reflections Contest! These students created an original work for this year's Reflections Program which applied to this year's theme, "Believe, Dream, Inspire."
- Allie Mercer: 1st place in the Dance category
- Stephanie Philip: 1st Honorable Mention in the Visual Arts category
- Ambika Vohra: 3rd place in the Literature category
Senior Information for 2014 Graduates
Get the latest Senior class information in the Senior Newsletter for the Class of 2014! Download a copy for the dates and details of all Senior events. For questions, email Senior Class Advisor Mrs. Miesch at email@example.com.
The new district guidelines for academic recognition are in place for this year's graduates and replace the previous structure of valedictorian, salutatorian, and top 10 scholars. To be recognized in any of the 3 categories, students must meet all three requirements. Download an informational flyer here.
|Scholars of Highest Distinction
AP: 4 or more courses
ACT: composite score of 32 or higher
|Scholars of Distinction
GPA: 3.8-3.899 or higher
AP: 3 or more courses
ACT: composite score of 28 or higher
|Scholars of Achievement
GPA: 3.5-3.799 or higher
AP: 2 or more courses
ACT: composite score of 26 or higher
- Student nomination form for the "Who's Your Falcon?" award.
- Staff member nomination form for the "Who's Your Falcon?" award.
- Volunteer nomination form for the "Who's Your Falcon?" award.
Join the Rochester High School PTSA!
Please support our Parent Teacher Student Association by joining! Funds generated by the PTSA support numerous programs at RHS:
- Student Enrichment
- The Annual Reflections Contest
- Senior All Night Party
- Staff Appreciation
- Student Scholarships
- Freshman Mentoring Program
Visit the RHS PTSA's web site for more infomation about joining, volunteering, and helping to make our school the best!
Once again for 2013, Rochester High School has received a Silver ranking in the U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools National Rankings! Our staff, students, and parents are truly the best! For more information, read our full report on the U.S. News website.
Parents are able to access their child's school information through the district's information web site, "myRCS." at myrcs.rochester.k1.2mi.us. Here, you're able to view your son or daughter's attendance records, class schedule, assignments, and current course grades. All information is updated nightly. Each Rochester Community Schools family has a numeric user ID and password that remains the same throughout your child's years attending a Rochester school. In addition, families with more than one child at one or more schools are able to access information for each child with the same user ID and password. For assistance with myRCS:
- If you need your Parent User ID, contact the RHS main office at 726-5400.
- If you need your Password, go online to myrcs.rochester.k12.us and click on Reset Password. An email containing a link to reset your password will be sent to your email account on file.
- If you have difficulty with resetting a password, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include your User ID, child's name, and name of school.
Please help RHS earn extra funds at no cost to you! Sign up with various retailers or purchase from these web pages to get a portion of your sales donated to us. Visit our School Fundraisers page to see a list of the organizations that RHS has partnered up with, then use our links to sign up and shop.
If your child is missing school from an approved absence or is receiving intervention assistance, click the button below to request homework. 48 hours notice is required please.