Registration Dates for the 2014-2015 School Year:
- August 19th A-K (10th-12th grade) 8:00 a.m.- Noon
- August 20th: L-Z (10th-12th grade) 8:00 a.m.- Noon
- August 21st: Freshmen Registration & Orientation 8:30 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. (Please have freshmen to RHS by 8:15 a.m.)
- August 25th: Make-up Registration 8:00 a.m.- Noon
RHS is on the "Best High Schools" List again!
For the third year in a row, Rochester High School has received a Silver ranking in the U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools national rankings! In addition, RHS was ranked 21st in the State of Michigan, up from 24th place just last year!
The report includes detailed information on more that 21,000 public high schools, including school-specific data on enrollment, ethnicity, location, school type, and results of state assessment proficiency tests and are ranked within each state and nationally. Schools are then given a college readiness index score with the top scoring schools receiving a gold, silver, or bronze medal, and a numerical ranking to all gold and silver schools.
Thank you to our staff, students and parents for working together to make RHS a great place to learn! Click to read our full report on the U.S. News website and to see the complete list of Michigan schools.
Who's Your Falcon!
RHS recognizes staff, students, and volunteers who go out of their way to make our school the best it can be with our monthly "Who's Your Falcon?" award! Nominations must be from an RHS student, staff member, or school volunteer who has closely interacted with the person they are nominating. Student recipients of the award will receive a certificate, exclusive Rochester swag, and mentions on our web page, school newsletter, and bulletin board!
- Student nomination form for the "Who's Your Falcon?" award.
- Staff member nomination form for the "Who's Your Falcon?" award.
- Volunteer nomination form for the "Who's Your Falcon?" award.
Discounts on Desktops and Mobile Devices for Students and Families!
As part of Michigan's Technology Readiness Infrastructure Grant, students and their families can purchase computers, tablets, Chromebooks, and more at a substantial discount! Devices include those from Dell Computers, Hewlett Packard, and Samsung. Purchases can be made from these two sites - take a look at what's offered! Questions? Email SPOT@remc.org.
- Sehi Computer Products (program ends July 31st)
- Dell for Michigan K-12 Districts (program is ongoing with different monthly specials)
Join the Rochester High School PTSA!
Please support our Parent Teacher Student Association by joining! Funds generated by the PTSA support numerous programs at RHS:
- Student Enrichment
- The Annual Reflections Contest
- Senior All Night Party
- Staff Appreciation
- Student Scholarships
- Freshman Mentoring Program
Visit the RHS PTSA's web site for more information about joining, volunteering, and helping to make our school the best!
Parents are able to access their child's school information through the district's information web site, "myRCS." at myrcs.rochester.k1.2mi.us. Here, you're able to view your son or daughter's attendance records, class schedule, assignments, and current course grades. All information is updated nightly. Each Rochester Community Schools family has a numeric user ID and password that remains the same throughout your child's years attending a Rochester school. In addition, families with more than one child at one or more schools are able to access information for each child with the same user ID and password. For assistance with myRCS:
- If you need your Parent User ID, contact the RHS main office at 726-5400.
- If you need your Password, go online to myrcs.rochester.k12.us and click on Reset Password. An email containing a link to reset your password will be sent to your email account on file.
- If you have difficulty with resetting a password, e-mail email@example.com and include your User ID, child's name, and name of school.
If your child is missing school from an approved absence or is receiving intervention assistance, click the button below to request homework. 48 hours notice is required please.