Rochester Alternative and Adult Center for Education (RACE)
1435 West Auburn Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Follow us on Twitter @RCSRACE
Like us on Facebook
High School Completion Student of the Month
Theresa (T.J.) W.
Theresa (T.J.) W. was nominated by her English teacher, Ms. Baljet. Ms. Baljet states that T.J. is a bright, positive person who works hard in class, always challenging herself to do better. She is also extremely proud of the way T.J. uses her coursework as a means to better her life and shape her goals. T.J. enjoys the other students here at RACE; she is always there for anyone who needs a laugh! T.J. has really bonded with her teachers as well; Ms. B. has always pushed her to do her best and succeed at her goals. Mr. B and TJ both have a love for U of M! TJ has been accepted to OCC and Washtenaw Community College. She is either going to pursue Neurology, Broadcasting or Business Management. Something you might not know about T.J. is that she likes to parkour with her younger brother and they are thinking about taking parkour classes together!
High School Completion (HSC) Classes are FREE for most individuals who do not have a high school diploma, whose class has graduated during June 2016 or before, and are at least 18 years old. All resident and non-resident students are welcome. For those who are 20 years old and older, you will be assessed for placement and charged a $50 registration fee per trimester. Call the RACE office, 248-726-5950, for details about registration.
Bring to registration:
- Proof of birth (e.g., driver's license or birth certificate)
- High school transcripts (You can obtain these directly from the last high school you attended.)
Credit may be given for:
- All previous high school coursework
- Successful and documented work experience while enrolled at RACE
We provide the following free services:
- High School Completion Classes/ Diploma Classes
- ABE-GED blended instruction Classes
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Classes
- Academic and Career counseling
Fees for Students 20 Years Old* and Older by September 1, 2016
- $50 non-refundable assessment fee per trimester (cash or check)
- 20 & 21 year old students may have assessment fee waived. See RACE counselors.
Credit Recovery (Available to current Rochester high school students with counselor approval)
- Afternoon classes, evening classes
- Live and e2020 online classes are available by tuition
- $250 for Rochester Community Schools Students
- Cash or check (payable to Rochester Community Schools)
- Must submit the form below with counselor approval at registration