Foundation Grant Process
The Rochester Community Schools Foundation was established to provide funding for the enhancement of educational opportunities for all students who attend Rochester Community Schools. The Foundation seeks charitable contributions from individuals, groups, organizations and corporations to strengthen academic programs, the arts and athletics.
Teachers and administrators are encouraged to seek funding for programs by completing the Funding Request Form. Proposals for funding will be reviewed by the Grant Review Committee in December and March. Applications should be submitted by November 1 to be considered for funding in December and February 1 to be considered for funding in March.
After review, the committee will make recommendations for funding to the Rochester Community Schools Foundation Board of Directors. The Grant Review Committee takes into account the following criteria when considering funding each proposal:
- SUPPORT OF THE GOALS OF THE DISTRICT'S STRATEGIC PLAN – Grant requests must indicate which components of the district's strategic plan are being supported.
- STUDENT REACH/IMPACT – Grant requests must identify the estimated number of students who will benefit from participating in the project or activity, or who will be directly impacted by the additional instructional opportunity or enhancement that has been made available. In this area, the ability to replicate this or a similar program in the district is also taken into consideration. Consideration will also be given to micro programs/projects where the number of students impacted is relatively small, but the proposal is innovative.
- FUNDING FOR PILOT PROGRAMS – Meeting the varied educational needs of the community requires the ongoing exploration and development of new programs, new choices and new models for education. Consideration of subsequent RCS Foundation support for successful pilot programs will require district funding support as well.
- OPPORTUNITY TO PARTNER WITH OTHER FUNDING SOURCES – Program funding, in cooperation with other funding sources, is strongly encouraged by the RCS Foundation. Applications which include a demonstrated ability to partner with other organizations or to access other resources will receive consideration in the approval process.
- ABILITY FOR THE PROGRAM TO SUSTAIN ITSELF ON AN ON-GOING BASIS – It is the expectation of the RCS Foundation Board that programs initially funded through the RSC Foundation will be self-sustaining. However, ongoing support from the RCS Foundation may be considered on a case-by-case basis.