myRCS Profile Update
We recently updated to a new profile version of myRCS. Please refer to the document below under the Files & Folders section on the website for more information.
myRCS is optimized for use with Internet Explorer and we are working on incorporating use on Ipads and mobile devices. However, this will require substantial development work and will take some time. myRCS may have run on some of these devices prior to the upgrade, however, it was not supported.
myRCS Parents & Students
PARENTS & STUDENTS - myRCS provides the following information through the myRCS portal: student attendance, conference, interim and reports cards, elementary teacher assignment, student schedule, assignments (secondary), transcripts (secondary), messages from the principal, etc.
myRCS data - assignment and grade information presented in myRCS will vary by level and teacher. As a reminder, myRCS is updated nightly. However due to the variables in grading assignments the information my not display immediately in myRCS.
New Students - after enrolling in Rochester Community Schools, login information will be sent to the e-mail address of record for the family. If the parent has more than one child enrolled in Rochester Community Schools, this login will provide access to all of your children's information.
New Next Year Students - If you have enrolled your child for the next school year, the myRCS login information will not be sent until mid-July.
Parent ID password reset - this feature is available for myRCS parent IDs only. If a parent requires a password reset for myRCS, click on the reset password link on the myRCS logon page. You will receive an automatic e-mail to the e-mail address of record for the account. The email will contain a temporary password which MUST be changed at log-in. For security reasons, you may not select a password that you have used prior.
If further assistance is needed, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com. Due to the volume of support, all myRCS support requests are being handled via e-mail. In the e-mail message, include your name, your child's information, and your support request. Please allow 2 school days for a response.
Student ID password reset - contact your school media specialist
myRCS Staff Information
STAFF - myRCS provides access to the following information: student information, staff district Outlook email account, H Drive, applications, links, calendars, etc. Please refer to internal documentation on myRCS for further information.
myRCS Notifications for Parents
Rochester Community Schools is excited to bring you myRCS Notifications beginning the week of October 22nd! myRCS Notifications will allow you to opt-in to receive weekly updates via e-mail.
Grade Updates for current courses will be sent weekly on Thursday (secondary students only)
Low Grades notification for current courses will be sent weekly on Tuesday (secondary students only)
Low Lunch Balance notifications will be sent weekly on Monday and Wednesday (all students)
Details on myRCS Notifications:
- All students are automatically opted in to receive Low Lunch Balance notifications for balances below $3.00 ($0.00 balance is exempt for students who do not purchase school lunch services)
- Notification settings can only be changed by the primary address parent (the parent listed at the home address of record)
- An authorized Parent Living Elsewhere (PLE) at another address can see the notifications screen in myRCS; however, they cannot make changes
- myRCS will send notifications to ONLY the Family myRCS e-mail and an authorized Parent Living Elsewhere myRCS e-mail
- These are the only e-mail addresses that will receive notifications and we do not have the option to add additional e-mail addresses for myRCS at this time
- You can verify the e-mail addresses on file by looking them up in myRCS on the Emergency Card screen
- If you have changes to your Emergency Card, please print it from myRCS, make changes, and send it into your child's school
- See below under Files & Folders for instructions on setting up myRCS Notifications