Welcome to the Rochester Community Schools Technology Services Web Site
Rochester Community Schools is dedicated to the integration of technology into our classrooms everyday. As a result of the successful bond issues of 1997, 2000 and 2004, access to a variety of technological resources has been provided for our students and staff.
An emphasis is placed on bringing the "Anytime, Anywhere" learning model to our students. This model allows students to learn at a pace that is appropriate for their particular learning style while giving them access to resources on a global basis. As technologies change, we work to find solutions to meet our student's and staff's learning and teaching needs.
The district currently supports the following technologies for our students and staff:
- 6500 desktop and laptop computers
- 32 miles of fiber to connect the 25 buildings and schools
- 800+ phones
- 2000 staff e-mail accounts
- 4700 student e-mail accounts
- myRCS portals for students, staff, and parents
- 350 SmartBoard classroomsWireless networks for all buildings
- Hundreds of student and staff applications, websites and software