Rochester High School
180 S. Livernois
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Mr. Charles Rowland III, Principal
Dates and Events for May:
- May 1-17th: Senior Prom tickets on sale in Mrs. Miesch's room, D103, $60 per person
- May 2nd: Night with the Stars, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium
- May 3rd: No School: District professional development day
- May 6-17th: Advanced Placement testing dates
- May 7th: Band Booster meeting, 7:00 p.m.
- May 8th: NHS Induction Ceremony, 6:00 p.m., Auditorium
- May 15th: Choir Cabaret Concert, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium
- May 16th: Band Concert, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium
- May 20-21st: Senior Final Exams
- May 22nd: Cap & Gown Distribution, 7:30-8:30 a.m., outside the Media Center
- May 22nd: Senior Breakfast, 8:30 a.m. and Senior Walk, 9:45 a.m., RHS Mall
- May 23rd: Senior Prom, 7:00 p.m. at Palazzo Grande in Shelby Twp.
- May 27th: No School: Memorial Day Recess
- May 28th: Senior Checkout, 8:00-9:30 a.m., Media Center (note date change; previously May 22nd)
- May 29th: Senior Honors Convocation, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium (download required form below)
Dates and Events for June:
- June 5th: Class of 2013 Commencement Rehearsal, 11:30 a.m. at Ultimate Soccer
- June 5th: Class of 2013 Commencement Ceremony, 7:30 p.m. at Ultimate Soccer. Senior check-in at 6:30 p.m.
- June 5th: Senior All-Night Party, 10:30 p.m.-5:00 a.m., RHS Mall
- June 10-14th: Textbook Return in the Media Center
- June 11th: Final Exams for hours 1,2
- June 12th: Final Exams for hours 3,4
- June 13th: Final Exams for hours 5,6; Last Day of School
RHS Makes the "Best High Schools" List Again!
Once again, Rochester High School has received a Silver ranking in the U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools National Rankings! Our staff, students, and parents are truly the best! For more information, read our full report on the U.S. News website.
Congratulations to the Class of 2013 Top Scholars
Rochester High School is proud to announce the Top Scholars in the Class of 2013:
Senior Events and Information
As the end of the year draws near, Seniors will need to be knowledgeable of the many events and activities that involve them! Access the RHS Senior Information Page for details and download the latest Senior Newsletter here.
Important Date Change: Senior Checkout
Senior Checkout will be held on Wednesday, May 28th from 8:00-9:30 a.m. in the Media Center (previously published as May 22nd)
RHS Chamber Choir Recognized
The Rochester High School Chamber Choir has received the highest honor possible by the State of Michigan to participate in the Michigan Youth Arts Festival as the "Most Outstanding Choir" and will be featured in the Michigan Youth Arts Festival Gala Concert at 7:00 p.m.on May 10th at Western Michigan University in the Miller Auditorium. The Michigan Youth Arts Festival (www.myaf.org ) is a comprehensive arts spectacular, culminating a nine-month search for the finest artistic talent in Michigan high schools. More than 250,000 students across the state are involved in the adjudication process that results in nearly 1,000 being invited to participate in the annual three-day event. CONGRATULATIONS to Mrs. Plotzke and the RHS Chamber Choir on this very special recognition!
RHS Earns Highest Green School Status
Rochester High School has been designated an official Michigan Green School – Evergreen Level for the 2012-2013 program year. This is the highest level possible. We thank the students, staff and parents of RHS for their support of our environmentally friendly initiatives. GO GREEN!
National Achievement Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to RHS seniors Erin Elise Flowers and Natalie J. Ward who have been selected as National Achievement Scholarship recipients! The National Achievement Scholarship Program is conducted by National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) and recognizes outstanding high school students across the U.S.
High Scoring Sophomore on the 2013 National German Exam
Congratulations to sophomore Lydia Mikail on being awarded an all-expense-paid summer study trip to Germany! Lydia was selected as a national winner after scoring in the 95th percentile on the Level III 2013 National German Exam for High School Students sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG). Nearly 23,000 students participated in the program. After qualifying with a high score on the National German Exam, she submitted responses to several short essay questions in German and in English and was then interviewed by a committee comprised of high school teachers and college professors of German.
RHS Student Wins Scholarship to Germany
Teen Ambassador for the United States – that is the role that Rochester High junior Nick Theodoracatos will be fulfilling next school year! Nick is the first student from Rochester High School to be awarded the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Scholarship. He will spend the next academic year in Germany, living with a German host family.
"MyRCS" for Parents
Parents are able to access their child's school information through the district's information web site, "myRCS." at myrcs.rochester.k1.2mi.us. Here, you're able to view your son or daughter's attendance records, class schedule, assignments, and current course grades. All information is updated nightly. Each Rochester Community Schools family has a numeric user ID and password that remains the same throughout your child's years attending a Rochester school. In addition, families with more than one child at one or more schools are able to access information for each child with the same user ID and password. For assistance with myRCS:
- If you need your Parent User ID, contact the RHS main office at 726-5400.
- If you need your Password, go online to myrcs.rochester.k12.org and click on Reset Password. An email containing a link to reset your password will be sent to your email account on file.
- If you have difficulty with resetting a password, e-mail email@example.com and include your User ID, child's name, and name of school.
Support RHS with No-Cost Fundraisers!
Please help RHS earn extra funds at no cost to you! Sign up with various retailers or purchase from these web pages to get a portion of your sales donated to us. Visit our School Fundraisers page to see a list of the organizations that RHS has partnered up with, then use our links to sign up and shop.
If your child is missing school from an approved absence or is receiving intervention assistance, click the button below to request homework. 48 hours notice is required please.