Rochester High School
180 S. Livernois
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Mr. Charles Rowland III, Principal
Dates and Events for April:
- Apr. 3rd: End of 3rd Quarter
- Apr. 4th-11th: NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- Apr. 14th: Band Booster Meeting, 7:30 p.m., Room A121
- Apr. 14th: Athletic Booster Meeting, 6:00 p.m., Media Center
- Apr. 18th: NO SCHOOL - Good Friday
- Apr. 24th: Spring Play, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., Auditorium
- Apr. 25th: Spring Play, 8:00 - 10:00 p.m., Auditorium
- Apr. 26th: Spring Play, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. & 8:00 - 10:00 p.m., Auditorium
Dates and Events for May:
- May 1st: Night with the Stars, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium
- May 5th: SNOW MAKE-UP DAY.... MAY 5th IS A SCHOOL DAY.
- May 5th-16th: AP Testing
- May 7th: NHS Induction Ceremony, 6:00 p.m., Auditorium
- May 9th: Choir All-Nighter, 8:00 p.m.
- May 12th: Athletic Booster Meeting, 6:00 p.m., Media Center
- May 12th: Band Booster Meeting, 7:30 p.m., Room A135
- May 14th: Choir Cabaret, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium
- May 15th: Band Concert, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium
- May 19th: SENIOR EXAMS, 4th-6th periods
- May 19th: Band & Social Recognition Night, 6:30 p.m., Auditorium
- May 20th: SENIOR EXAMS, 1st-3rd periods.... LAST SCHOOL DAY FOR SENIORS!
- May 21st: Senior Breakfast and Senior Walk
- May 22nd: Prom, 7:00 - 11:00 p.m., Palazzo Grande, Shelby Twp.
- May 26th: NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- May 27th: FNHS Induction Ceremony, 6:00 p.m., Auditorium
- May 28th: Senior Check-out, 8:00 - 9:30 a.m., Media Center
- May 28th: Honors Convocation, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium
- May 29th: PTSA Meeting, 6:00 p.m., Media Center
8th Grade Parent Night
RHS welcomes all of our incoming 8th grade parents to the RHS community! For information given at 8th grade parent night on Wed., March 19th, download the complete packet here, which contains informational flyers on high school academics and courses, scheduling, athletics, clubs, band, and more!
Senior Information for 2014 Graduates
Get the latest Senior class information in the Senior Newsletter for the Class of 2014! Download a copy for the dates and details of all Senior events. For questions, email Senior Class Advisor Mrs. Miesch at email@example.com.
During the Senior All-Night Party, there will be TVs throughout Dave and Buster's scrolling a PowerPoint filled with our children's memories! For all Falcon seniors, we'd like parents to submit at least four photos of their graduating senior: one baby/toddler, one elementary, one middle school, and a current one, such as a senior picture. Please include a short paragraph: it can be something you would like to say about your child or maybe to your child. We can all be very proud of their accomplishments no matter how big or small!
Please email photos and paragraph to Jutta Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org, by April 30th.
The new district guidelines for academic recognition are in place for this year's graduates and replace the previous structure of valedictorian, salutatorian, and top 10 scholars. To be recognized in any of the 3 categories, students must meet all three requirements. Download an informational flyer here.
|Scholars of Highest Distinction
AP: 4 or more courses
ACT: composite score of 32 or higher
|Scholars of Distinction
GPA: 3.8-3.899 or higher
AP: 3 or more courses
ACT: composite score of 28 or higher
|Scholars of Achievement
GPA: 3.5-3.799 or higher
AP: 2 or more courses
ACT: composite score of 26 or higher
Everyone in our RHS community is invited to the first Friends of the Falcons Gala! Hosted by the Rochester Athletic Boosters, this fun-filled social event will include an hors d’oeuvres reception, cash bar, silent and live auctions, raffles, music, and more! Proceeds will go towards the Rochester Booster Association with the potential to impact every Falcon athlete!
- Date: Friday, May 30th
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Location: River Crest Banquet Facility, 900 West Avon Road
- Tickets: $35 per person or $60 per couple if purchased before April 25th
Who's Your Falcon!
RHS wants to recognize staff, students, and volunteers who go out of their way to make our school the best it can be with our monthly "Who's Your Falcon?" award! Nominations must be from an RHS student, staff member, or school volunteer who has closely interacted with the person they are nominating. Student recipients of the award will receive a certificate, exclusive Rochester swag, and mentions on our web page, school newsletter, and bulletin board!
- Student nomination form for the "Who's Your Falcon?" award.
- Staff member nomination form for the "Who's Your Falcon?" award.
- Volunteer nomination form for the "Who's Your Falcon?" award.
Join the Rochester High School PTSA!
Please support our Parent Teacher Student Association by joining! Funds generated by the PTSA support numerous programs at RHS:
- Student Enrichment
- The Annual Reflections Contest
- Senior All Night Party
- Staff Appreciation
- Student Scholarships
- Freshman Mentoring Program
Visit the RHS PTSA's web site for more information about joining, volunteering, and helping to make our school the best!
Once again for 2013, Rochester High School has received a Silver ranking in the U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools National Rankings! Our staff, students, and parents are truly the best! For more information, read our full report on the U.S. News website.
Parents are able to access their child's school information through the district's information web site, "myRCS." at myrcs.rochester.k1.2mi.us. Here, you're able to view your son or daughter's attendance records, class schedule, assignments, and current course grades. All information is updated nightly. Each Rochester Community Schools family has a numeric user ID and password that remains the same throughout your child's years attending a Rochester school. In addition, families with more than one child at one or more schools are able to access information for each child with the same user ID and password. For assistance with myRCS:
- If you need your Parent User ID, contact the RHS main office at 726-5400.
- If you need your Password, go online to myrcs.rochester.k12.us and click on Reset Password. An email containing a link to reset your password will be sent to your email account on file.
- If you have difficulty with resetting a password, e-mail email@example.com and include your User ID, child's name, and name of school.
If your child is missing school from an approved absence or is receiving intervention assistance, click the button below to request homework. 48 hours notice is required please.