2014 Viking Games!
2014-15 Registration Information
All of the following items are included in this packet:
- School picture order form
- Yearbook information
- Information regarding student accident insurance (optional)
- Extracurricular and activity fee participation rates
- Van Hoosen PTSA Information and Forms (volunteer opportunities, One and Done Fundraiser, Super Students, Spirit Wear, SAFE Homes, 8th Grade Party, etc.)
Below is an electronic copy of our Parent/Student Handbook
- Van Hoosen Parent/Student Handbook (please click on the link and review this important information with your child)
- Save Our Subscriptions (S.O.S.) *After the start of the school year, information will be sent home regarding our Magazine Sale Fundraiser sponsored by the VH Student Council.
Aug. 18, 2014 New Student Orientation, 7:00 – 8:00 pm (New Rochester Community Schools only)
Aug. 19, 2014 6th grade Viking Games, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Aug. 20, 2014 8th Grade Registration (A – K 9:00 am – 12:00 pm) (L – Z 12:00 – 3:00 pm)
Aug. 22, 2014 6th Grade Registration, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm 7th Grade Registration, 12:00 – 3:00 pm
Aug. 28, 2014 Make-up registration, all grades (no pictures), 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sept. 2, 2014 First day of school
Van Hoosen Daily Schedule 2014-15
Homeroom 1st hour 2nd hour 3rd hour 4th hour 5th hour 6th hour
7:30 - 7:40 7:45 - 8:43 8:48 - 9:46 9:51 - 10:49 10:54 - 11:51 12:28 - 1:25 1:30 - 2:27
Van Hoosen- Cultures of Thinking
Van Hoosen classrooms have been highly engaged in practicing visible thinking routines this year. As defined by the district Visible Thinking site, using visible thinking strategies allows students to collaboratively and/or independently "initiate, explore, discuss, document, and manage their thinking". Examples of visible thinking can be seen every day in our classrooms and hallways, where student thinking strategies are posted for all to see.
On April 23, Van Hoosen hosted a Cultures of Thinking Tour for teachers and administrators throughout Oakland County. These educators were invited into the classrooms to see visible thinking strategies at work. They also learned about technology that could enhance the application of visible thinking. It was a great day of learning, sharing, and collaborating for all involved!
For more information about the event, you can read about it in the Cultures of Thinking blog post below.
Van Hoosen students enjoy working together in our new Atrium Learning Space. The space has been equipped with high top tables, chairs, and even a couch, making the atrium an innovative and inviting place to work and learn.