Kindergarten Registration for the 2015-16 school year will take place on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 starting at 6:30 p.m. at the school your child will be attending. Please plan to attend if you have an incoming kindergartener. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Michigan Department of Education has transitioned from the 44-year-old MEAP to the M-STEP. The new test, which assesses Michigan standards and benchmarks, will be administered in the spring for students in grades 3-8 and 11. For more information go to http://www.rochester.k12.mi.us/pages/359/curriculum-and-instruction.
Points of Pride
Points of Pride:
- Graduation rate of 93.14% with 95% of our graduates attending post-secondary schools.
- Scores in the top 10% of districts participating in state assessments
- Composite MEAP scores are well above the state and county averages.
- Rochester Community Schools received a Gold Medal designation in the 2007 Education Quotient ratings by Expansion Management Magazine, a ranking of U.S. schools with a K-12 enrollment of at least 3,300 students.
- The Rochester Community Schools Foundation received over $517,000 in donations to support arts, academics and athletics throughout the district.
- Twenty-one of our schools have been built or renovated over the past eight years to provide state-of-the-art educational facilities for our students and staff thanks to community support for bond millages in 1997, 2000 and 2004.
- The Rochester Community Schools Adult Education program offers GED, high school completion and English as a Second Language courses.
- Before and after school childcare is offered at all elementary and middle schools.
- Children's Programs offers a comprehensive pre-school program that is child-centered and aligned with the Rochester Community Schools kindergarten curriculum.
- The Rochester Community Schools Enrichment Department offers a wide variety of recreation and life long learning classes for both youth and adults.
- Video and web-based learning opportunities for students are available at Rochester, Adams and Stoney Creek High Schools.
- Board of Education Special Meeting Agenda 3.2.2015 2/27/2015
- Board of Education Work Session Agenda, 2.23.2015 2/23/2015
- Oratorical Contest 2015 -Rochester Optimist Club 2/11/2015
- 2015-2016 International Academy Lottery Results 2/4/2015
- Addressing the Financial Impact of Decreased Enrollment 12/3/2014
- Pupil Enrollment Projection Study Report 12/3/2014
- Pride in Excellence: Strategic Planning 2020 10/15/2014
- Musson Elementary & Van Hoosen Middle Schools earn National Blue Ribbon Designation 9/30/2014
- 2014-2015 Superintendent's Community Coffee Dates 9/22/2014
- Revised Bell Times for 2014-15 8/14/2014
- 2014-15 Budget Proposal Podcast 6/13/2014
- School Closing Decisions 2/23/2015
- Substance Abuse Parent Forum Broadcasts & Handouts 12/3/2013
- School Accountability Scorecards 8/20/2013
- Kindergarten Page on Facebook 3/16/2012
- Contact Your Elected Officials 5/24/2011
- Watch RCS Video 12/10/2012
- Watch RCS on YouTube 2/26/2010
- RCS on Facebook 10/28/2010
- Follow RCS on Twitter 3/17/2009
- Dual Enrollment 2/24/2009